Back to School
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year! RES PTO has all the back to school info you need to make this the best year yet at RES.
Register with Membership Toolkit
The Radnor PTOs use Membership Toolkit to send email communications and provide an online student directory. All families should complete the annual update of contact information to ensure your family receives emails from the RES PTO. (New families should register as a new user.)
After completing the "Family Information" form (no cost), you will select what (if any) contact information should be shared in the online directory (no cost), and then have the option of purchasing access to the online directory ($10).
If you have questions about Membership Toolkit, please contact Steve Kerr or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate to the RES PTO Annual Fund
Please consider showing your support of the PTO by making a one-time, tax-deductible donation to the Annual Fund. The PTO has set an Annual Fund goal for this year of $8,000 with the participation of 100+ families, and gifts of all sizes are needed and appreciated. 100% of all funds raised through the Annual Fund benefit RES students, teachers, and the Radnor community. Thank you for your support!
If you have questions about the Annual Fund, please contact Jenn Breen.
Sign up for Pretzel Fridays
Support the PTO by registering your child(ren) to have soft pretzels delivered to their classroom before snack time on designated Pretzel Fridays throughout the year! The cost is $45 per student and includes a bonus reusable water bottle, and all sign ups are due by Sept. 17.
If you have questions about Pretzel Fridays, please contact Maris Leo.
Register for Fall Clubs
RES is again offering a variety of after-school clubs/electives through the Right At School program, including sports, theater, dance, music, cooking, chess, and more.
Registration is open now and clubs run Sept. 25 to Dec. 15. Registration is available until Oct. 9, but sign up early as space is limited. If you have questions about clubs, please contact Right At School's area manager, Peter Gwalthney.
Shop for RES Spirit Gear
Exciting new items were just added to the Radnor Spirit Gear store. Shop throughout the year to show your RES pride. The PTO also receives 10% of all sales. If you have questions about Spirit Gear, please contact Martha Coates.
Support the PTO while you shop
Box Tops for Education donates to the PTO each time you buy eligible grocery items! Use the Box Tops app to scan your store receipts (no more clipping!), automatically find participating products, and instantly add cash to our school's earnings. Download the app, sign-up for Radnor Elementary School, and start scanning receipts each time you shop.
If you have questions about Box Tops for Education, please contact Sarah Finkel.
Give back on Giving Fridays
Giving Fridays is back in action! Starting Friday, Sept. 15, your child can support a neighbor in need by donating non-perishable food items as well as toiletries to the Giving Friday bins in the front atrium. All donations are delivered weekly to the Wayne Food Panty. Volunteers are also needed to deliver the donations each week.
If you have questions on Giving Friday, please contact Caitlin Akins or Erin Brennan.
Get involved with RES PTO
Every parent/guardian and teacher is automatically a member of the RES PTO, with no obligation, but we want you to be involved however you can. Attending PTO meetings is a great place to start - join us on Oct. 12 at 7pm in the RES Library.
Volunteers are also needed for a variety of roles during the 2023-2024 school year. It's a great way to meet other parents as well as connect with your kids during school events. Please consider contributing your time, skills, and excitement - that's all it takes to make the PTO a success!
If you have questions about the PTO, email email@example.com or contact any of the PTO officers.
RTSD Back to School Central
RTSD provides a wealth of additional information on its Back to School Central page.. Be sure to review details on these programs and more:
- Completing the district's required forms on the Back to School Portal
- Using Home Access Center (HAC) to find your child(ren)'s teacher assignment
- Meeting Pennsylvania requirements for immunizations, physical exams, and dental exams
- School supply lists for each grade (Note that individual teachers may request additional supplies)
- Paying for your child(ren)'s meals using EZSchoolPay, as well as applying for free or reduced meals.
- Communications on bus stop assignments and real-time bus monitoring with the Here Comes the Bus app
- Using Schoology, RTSD's online learning management system for sharing and accessing classroom-related information and communication
- Reviewing the RTSD Elementary School Handbook
Stay Informed All Year
RES PTO keeps parents/guardians informed throughout the year:
- Email newsletters - RES Express, the RES PTO e-newsletter, is filled with PTO news, information on upcoming school and PTO events, and district happenings. Families must be registered in Membership ToolKit to receive RES Express, as well as other emails from RES PTO and your child(ren)'s homeroom parents.
- Social media - Join the RES PTO Facebook Group, and follow the RES PTO on Instagram, for quick updates and alerts.
- Website - Check the PTO website regularly for recent announcements, calendar of events, committees and groups you can join, fundraising opportunities, and more.
Parents/guardians are also encourage to subscribe to The Radnor Reader, a weekly e-newsletter from the RTSD Communication team highlighting school-specific and district-wide information and events.
RES PTO is committed to ensuring no students are left out of events or activities due to financial need. Please contact school counselor Sarah Casey to confidentially discuss or request financial support for any activity during the year.
Mark your calendar for these Back to School events:
Picture Day (for students and faculty)
New Family Coffee (for parents/guardians of new students)
Oct. 5 at 10am
RSVP by email
First PTO Meeting (for parents/guardians)
Oct. 5 at 7pm in the RES Library
Visit RES Calendar for more dates and details
Add school calendars to your device
Families can add calendars to your smartphones and digital calendars using iCal feeds, to ensure you never miss an important event:
- RTSD Instructional Calendar - district holidays, teacher in-service days, etc.
- Standard iCal URL: https://www.rtsd.org/calendar/calendar_432.ics
- Google iCal URL: https://www.rtsd.org/calendar/calendar_432_gmt.ics
- RES Calendar - RES school and PTO events
- Standard iCal URL: https://www.rtsd.org/calendar/calendar_354.ics
- Google iCal URL: https://www.rtsd.org/calendar/calendar_354_gmt.ics
- Elementary School Cycle Days - specials schedule
- Standard iCal URL: https://www.rtsd.org/calendar/calendar_370.ics
- Google iCal URL: https://www.rtsd.org/calendar/calendar_370_gmt.ics
Learn more about adding iCal feeds to Google Calendar, iOS, Outlook, and more.
Information for New Families
Welcome to the RES community! Whether you have kindergarteners or new 1st-5th graders, check out our Kindergarten and New Families page for additional helpful information about our school and community.
Kindergarten parents/guardians are also encouraged to review the district's Kindergarten page for more details.
Still have questions? The RES PTO is here to help!